Below are several important facts for your information:
- Today’s cooling systems run on 0.60 to 0.80 kw per ton of cooling, versus older systems that require 1.0 to 2.0 kw per ton of cooling. The energy and operational cost savings in newer HVAC systems can be considerable and result in a 10-15 year payback.
- Electrical systems designed two decades ago are inadequate for today’s technology.
- Research in Milwaukee indicates that students achieve at higher rates in facilities that have adequate lighting, heating, ventilation systems, and air conditioning and that are clean and well-maintained.
- Four activities to control cost of energy in existing facilities:
- Purchase energy at the lowest price
- Track energy consumption and benchmarking(Energy Accounting)
- Integrate energy into O&M procedures
- Replace old (less efficient) equipment with efficient technologies