Benefits of Comprehensive Planning
- Sets priorities- focus on what is most important
- Increase trust and credibility with stakeholders
- Build consensus/partnership with stakeholders
- Set and manage expectations; be realistic
- Invest resources more effectively
- Resolve current challenges and/or avoid future problems
- Provide a framework for decision-making
FSG Energy Plan Incorporated Into Educational Facility Master Plan
1. EDUCATIONAL ADEQUACY EVALUATION: Examine each building and assess the degree to which the learning facility adequately supports the district educational program and educational delivery methods.
2. BUILDING CONDITION: Evaluate the physical condition of the educational buildings. Perform an energy study. Civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines will be assessed. ADA (American Disabilities Act ) compliance, life cycle cost comparisons, site issues, and health and safety concerns are to be assessed and prioritized.
3. EDUCATIONAL SUITABILITY: determine the suitability of square footage usage as it relates to increasing or decreasing population. Keeping the Districts Mission and Values as guiding standards.